December 4, 2022
NDTV News


Mamata Banerjee mentioned PM Modi mustn’t take credit score for Centre’s free Covid vaccine coverage.

Kolkata:

Alleging that the Narendra Modi authorities will not be following the spirit of federalism, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday puzzled why the Centre stored to itself the precise of distribution of 25 per cent COVID-19 vaccines to non-public hospitals and to not the states.

The prime minister had on Monday introduced that the Centre has determined to purchase 75 per cent of jabs from vaccine makers without spending a dime provide to states, whereas personal sector hospitals will proceed to acquire the remaining 25 per cent.

Ms Banerjee mentioned that she opposed the imposition of Goods and Services Tax (GST) on medicines, tools and vaccines required for the remedy of COVID-19.

Addressing a press meet on the state secretariat “Nabanna” after assembly leaders of agitating peasants, she mentioned that from “Covid to farmer”, the BJP-led central authorities has pushed the nation into severe disaster.

“The Centre has said that it will directly provide 25 per cent of vaccines to private hospitals. Why by the Centre? The state implements the policy of the Centre in a federal set-up,” she mentioned.

Taking a dig on the prime minister, she mentioned, “He only knows how to speak against states. He only knows about divide and rule. Why is there no word by the PM about withdrawing 5 per cent GST on Covid vaccines?”

Ms Banerjee mentioned that the prime minister didn’t take into consideration spending Rs 34,000 crore from PM-Cares Fund to completely vaccinate the folks of the nation in all today.

Had the Centre taken up the free vaccination drive on this interval, “We would not have to lose so many citizens in the age group of 18-45 years”, she claimed.

“What happened to the promise by (PM) Modi before the Bihar elections about free vaccination to everyone? So many months elapsed afterwards,” she mentioned.

The Bihar Assembly election was held in three phases in October-November final 12 months.

“The Prime Minister should not take credit for the free vaccine policy of the Centre now and should explain what happened in all these days,” Ms Banerjee mentioned.

The Chief Minister mentioned that two crore folks had been inoculated in West Bengal and the state authorities spent Rs 200 crore to acquire vaccines.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV employees and is revealed from a syndicated feed.)



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *