The phrase ‘Yoga’ finds its origins within the historical language of Sanskrit, which suggests to ‘unite’ or to ‘be part of’.
The day is noticed on June 21 since its inception on the United Nations General Assembly by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2014. The decision to rejoice at the present time in honour of the traditional Indian type of train – that’s identified for its innumerable advantages to the physique and thoughts – was handed within the meeting with a report 175 states in help.
Yoga is understood to scale back stress and nervousness and enhance the well being and health of practitioners enabling them to guide a wholesome way of life. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this yr’s International Yoga Day can be celebrated on-line and the theme is ‘Yoga for well-being’.
To preserve the spirits excessive amidst the testing instances, we now have listed some inspirational quotes for you”
- “Today, there is no doubt, no question about Yoga anywhere in the world. Yoga adapted itself with changing times, several societies of the world contributed, added in Yoga’s development. Yoga was continuously developed as per the age of practitioner, as per the place, time and circumstances and Yoga continued to expand” – Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- “Yoga is not just an exercise system. Yoga is the Science of obliterating the boundaries of individuality to know the universality of one’s existence.” – Sadhguru Jaggi
- “All this bringing of the mind into a higher state of vibration is included in one word in Yoga” – Swami Vivekananda
- “The meaning of our self is not to be found in its separateness from God and others, but in the ceaseless realisation of Yoga, of union.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “Yoga is the journey of the self, to the self, through the self.” – Bhagavad Gita