December 2, 2022
NDTV Coronavirus


COVID-19 vaccine: (*55*) will full US’s preliminary pledge of 80 million doses from its personal provide (File).

Washington:

The administration of US President Joe Biden on Monday introduced its plan for the following tranche of 55 million Covid vaccine doses it plans to ship to international locations in want.

The donation will full Washington’s preliminary pledge of 80 million doses from its personal vaccine provide, made forward of a vow to purchase 500 million doses of Pfizer’s vaccine for low- and middle-income nations.

Forty-one million of the 55 million doses (75 per cent) are being distributed by means of the Covax program, with the remaining 14 million (25 per cent) shared with recipients the US deems priorities.

The vaccines being shared with Covax embrace 14 million for Latin America and the Caribbean, roughly 16 million to Asia, and 10 million for Africa in coordination with the African Union.

The first tranche included the Johnson & Johnson, Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines, however it was not instantly clear what the second tranche would comprise.

A vaccine created by AstraZeneca has but to earn US authorization however is in use elsewhere.

While rich international locations are ramping up vaccinations and returning to regular, Covid circumstances are surging elsewhere, together with in South America and Africa. Less than one per cent of Covid vaccine doses globally have been administered to individuals in low-income international locations.

“The Biden administration’s plan for sharing more COVID-19 vaccine doses globally will help end the pandemic faster and save lives,” mentioned Tom Hart, appearing CEO of ‘The One’ marketing campaign to eradicate poverty and preventable illness.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV employees and is printed from a syndicated feed.)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *